Logistics Operations Supervisor
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Casa Grande
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy
by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
We are currently seeking a Logistics Operations Supervisor. This
position requires an experienced professional with the ability to
manage up to 100 staff. The successful candidate will have spent
considerable time launching new plants and/or new products in an
automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires
partnership with Supply Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging,
Engineering, Finance, and Regulatory Affairs to implement new
processes and manage changes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do
attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and
determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate
excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to
learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced
- Coach Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are
met through following standardized work
- Monitor safety occurrences. Be the first responder as secondary
- Through Process Confirmation, verify that the line is running
safely, smoothly, and producing quality parts
- Support Continuous Improvement and coach problem resolution to
the lowest level
- Ensure continuous and appropriate communication and
- Build Team Leader and Team Member capability
- Create a work environment for the team(s) to complete their
assigned responsibilities / tasks
- Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and
- Responsible for the daily material handling functions for the
facility and for the department
- Ensure proper material flow from receiving dock, to warehouse
storage location, to the production line feed location, to the
delivery of finished product to customers
- Provide direction and support in the allocation of resources in
order to appropriately cover material handling
- Support Lucid Production System and synchronous material flow
through lean manufacturing practices
- Lead and manage hourly personnel
- Ensure flawless introduction of new parts to production through
proactive planning and cross-functional communication
- Effectively implement the Engineering Change Process
- Identify data gaps (missed production counts, etc.) and take
- Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and
- Make decisions by assessing the situation to determine the
importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are
timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Ensure that high standards of safe working are adhered, and all
documentation is up to date.
- To take care of your own health and safety and that of others
who may be affected by your actions at work
- To ensure all fire exits and alarms are free from obstructions
- Be able to carry out start and end of shift briefings,
communicate start of shift objectives, brief company communications
and carry out other meetings as necessary.
- To control and monitor attendance in accordance with company
policies and processes
- To actively check equipment and ensure anything that has been
reported as a concern has been followed up in accordance to safety
- To carry out/delegate (TPS) audits covering Manual Handling,
Driving Standards and Standard Operation Procedures.
- To create One Point Lessons (OPL), and Safety Clips / fast
responses, brief staff and display ensuring understanding and
- To ensure ILU/training plan is up to date.
- To manage the use of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and
other IT to process customer requirements
- To manage schedules to meet shift targets
- To manage disciplinary issues in line with company
- To manage resources to cover staff absence & workload
- To develop and deliver appraisals and fact files.
- To compile and communicate any reports requested by the company
to include end of shift reports.
- Monitor tasks/functions and police adherence to Standard
Operating Procedures at all times.
- Agree and implement amendments to SOPs / SWI's when anomalies
have been reported.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with
company Environmental Health & Safety policy.
- Any other duties as covered by your contract of
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following areas: material
flow, warehouse design, transportation management, dedicated fleet
operations, distribution center management, materials handling,
decision support systems and technology.
- 3+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN
- 3+ years direct leadership experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success
in working across organizations at all levels.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective
project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time
with ability to meet project timelines.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications.
Bachelor's Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Logistics
Engineering, or related field. An equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience may be considered.LEAN, GK, TPS
or Six Sigma Certifications a plus.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Casa Grande , Logistics Operations Supervisor, Other , Casa Grande, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!