Senior Cost Accountant
Company: Lucid Motors
Location: Casa Grande
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Leading the future of luxury
Lucid’s mission is to inspire
the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating
luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience.
Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the
future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Senior Cost Accountant
directs activities of product costing, product manufacturing
analysis, and inventory valuation. The position provides
recommendations to senior management in support of the achievement
of Company goals. Position reports to the Plant Controller in our
Casa Grande, AZ plant.
- Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
Provide direction to cost analysts and junior staff.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis. Prepare various
financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and
expense information for various customers as needed for decision
- Set up new raw material, packaging, WIP, and FG items; create
and maintain production BOMs; maintain periodic cost
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials,
manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects
on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic
reports comparing standard costs to actual production
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs
and organize annual budget process for manufacturing
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing
factors affecting prices and profitability of products or
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and
production components in a global ERP system.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with
manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Lead and manage the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal
audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures,
including system requirements and internal controls.
- Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve
operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance · Automotive industry
experience a plus
- Hands on ERP experience preferred
- 10+ years of finance and accounting experience;
- 7+ years of costing and operational experience, especially with
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and
attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating
- Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting
- Extremely strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial
modeling and analytical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex
Be part of something
Come work alongside some of the
most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing
competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators
who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are
driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is
the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome
diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid
Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid
Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Casa Grande , Senior Cost Accountant, Other , Casa Grande, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!