Part Time Physician
Company: The GEO Group Inc
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Job Description***Position is 20hrs. Weekly***Are you a
Physician looking for a challenging yet rewarding environment where
you can really make a difference? If you are passionate about
people and believe that everyone deserves the highest quality of
healthcare, we have the role for you. As the industry's global
leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for people
like you to add to our growing team.Join A Community That
CaresJoining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the
best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and
services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional
growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal
relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send
in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we
are.Role and ResponsibilitiesYou will be the first point of contact
for many detainees/inmates, diagnosing a wide range of illnesses
and injuries, whilst managing the overall care of the patients. In
this role, you will:
- Examine and treat detainees/inmates referred by the
nursing/professional staff to ensure proper injury care, disease
prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery.
- Manage and evaluate medical program activities based on
industry standards and contractual obligations.
- Prescribe medications and regularly review cases requiring
ongoing medical attention.
- Initiate dental and psychiatric referrals.
- Provide patients with information to promote good health and
prevent disease or disability.
- Document services provided and comprehensive notes in the
patient medical records.
- Communicate effectively with the Hospital medical team,
Psychiatric, Mental Health Professionals, Nurses, Health
Technicians and Administrative Assistants.
- Available 24-hours where needed, to advise nursing staff in the
care of detainees/inmates/residents after hours.
- Maintain professional knowledge and education by attending
educational workshops/conferences, reviewing professional
publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Act as liaison between correctional officials, public agencies,
and the facility.We're looking for individuals from different
backgroundsBuilding an inclusive culture where every employee can
perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO's employee
value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our
workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and
backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here's to unlimited
ideas, increased productivity, and innovative
solutions!Competencies RequiredDiagnostic skills, critical
thinking, and strong communication skills are key qualities we look
for. Our employees feel proud to play a role in our patients'
re-entry to society. Apply if you meet our requirements:Minimum
- Medical degree in medicine from an accredited school and
licensed to practice as a medical or osteopathic physician in the
state in which the facility is located required. Board
certification in primary care or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience as a Physician
- Completion of a U.S.-based residency program required.
- Current DEA and D.P.S. Certificate of Registration
- Professional license must remain on file at all times at the
facility where services are rendered.Physical Requirements
- Frequently: Lift or carry up to 10 lbs.; walk, stand, bend,
- Occasionally: Lift or carry/push or pull up to 40 lbs. Climb,
reach above shoulder level and work with machinery.GEO Secured
ServicesEqual Opportunity Employer Compensation
Information:Details:Pay Minimum: USD $190.00/Hr.
Keywords: The GEO Group Inc, Casa Grande , Part Time Physician, Healthcare , Florence, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!