Project Engineer (Bridge/Structural Steel Fabrication)
Company: Stinger Bridge & Iron
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Stinger Bridge & Iron, an AISC certified structural steel
fabricator and PCI certified precast concrete girder fabricator and
erection contractor. Stinger focuses primarily on the Southwestern
Bridge and Highway market, specializing in bridge projects. Stinger
fabricates in its Coolidge, Arizona facility located south of the
Phoenix/Chandler/Gilbert area and erects work in Arizona,
California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado. For additional
information about our company visit our website at
The Project Engineer will be responsible for technical and
administrative support to the project team in performing the
project and will share areas of overall responsibilities with the
Project Manager, Superintendents and Construction Administrator.
The Project Engineer must be willing to travel to remote project
sites; this position requires travel. We offer a competitive
market-based salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Supervise and provide training for field crews.
- Sets up and maintains standard project files, general
correspondence, subcontractor's agreements.
- Distributes correspondence and coordinates project payables and
receivables with accounting department and maintain and other
- Assists with project closeout.
- Comply with procedures as outlined in the construction
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working
relationship with owners, subcontractors, and crews.
- Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of
accuracy, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
- Assist in managing project schedules.
- Assist in preparation of change order requests and change
orders, maintain change order documents, files, logs.
- Equipment time tracking.
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of the contract documents, plants,
- Expedite submittals and maintain status file.
- Maintain field logs and quantity tracking for work
- Track RFI, Change order, addenda, clarification or
- Implement job closeout procedures as directed by Project
- Perform technical and administration duties as directed by the
PM to facilitate the project.
- Accurate coding of costs and prepare monthly progress payment
- Fully understand the scope of the subcontractors.
- Attend and document project meetings.
- Provide the PM with support and accurate information to
maximize the project management effectiveness.
- Strenuous walking and required to wear protective personal
- Able to work in hot or cold outdoor temperatures and job site
- A related degree is a plus, 1-2 years (or related) highway
construction experience preferred.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Valid driver's license and have a clean motor-vehicle record to
meet company insurance guidelines.
- Broad knowledge of construction methods.
- Good understanding of highway construction, blue print reading,
and computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high
level of integrity.
Stinger Bridge & Iron is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities
and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please
contact HR to request an accommodation. This is only to request an
accommodation to the application process and is not to inquire
about the status of your application. Associated topics: building
engineer, building information, civil engineer, construction,
design, development, engineer, environment, project engineer,
Keywords: Stinger Bridge & Iron, Casa Grande , Project Engineer (Bridge/Structural Steel Fabrication), Engineering , Coolidge, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!